[neomutt-users] Lots of accounts from one user, as in more than bindings are practical

Chris Bennett cpb_neomutt at bennettconstruction.us
Fri Dec 18 01:15:48 CET 2020

I'm happy with the multi-accts I have setup with a limited number of
key-bindings and macros (not perfect, but functional).

I really liked an idea about just having a user vmail for IMAP incoming,
plus some users just for working on some explicit tasks only, but email
going elsewhere.
One user just for sending and receiving mail. Nice idea and I've done
it.

How can this be done? A set of macros? Perl or shell script?
How are the files, caches, attachment download directories, signatures,
etcetera being dealt with. Can the message and header caches be in one
directory for each or should they be separated?

For example, say I have 10 domains.
root, postmaster, webmaster, personal emails, spam likely personal
emails for signing up for things, etcetera for each domain.
That's too many for a simple set of key bindings.

Yes, tmux is one option, but I am running -current OpenBSD on two
servers, so that a bit clunky since I am updating constantly to do
porting and programming work.

I can do any Perl programming, but I could sure use some advice on what
exactly I should fiddle with, including any macros.
I'm starting to really need to actively keep open some email lists for
quick monitoring.

Thanks for any advice,
Chris Bennett