[neomutt-devel] user-questions on github -> neomutt-users mailinglist

toogley toogley at nixnet.email
Sat Mar 6 16:39:33 CET 2021

Hello everybody,

So currently, people ask questions on our github issue tracker, like[1].
Personally i think it would be great if the github issue tracker
contained only bugs and feature requests as a smaller number of issues
makes it easier to focus on. I remember flatcap once had this desire
too, by wanting to stay below 100 issues by closing hard to fix
problems.

Additionally, if those questions would be asked on our neomutt-users
Mailinglist, i think the hurdle to answer such questions would be
lowered as people can use neomutt. And no, using github's ability to
answer things per mail is not a good replacement, i feel. At least i
don't like it.

So in short: what would you think if we closed every github issue with
the type:question label and asked people to ask on the neomutt-users
mailinglist if the question wasn't answerd?

[1]: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/2838