[neomutt-users] Neomutt won't read my .neomuttrc

neomutt.stagegenre at erine.email neomutt.stagegenre at erine.email
Fri May 5 10:59:48 CEST 2023

I presumed the same options for IMAP would apply to
POP3 if I changed the terms. So then how do I set up
a POP3 account on Neomutt?

Here's my main file (with sensitive info redacted, of course)

# vim: filetype=muttrc
unmailboxes *

# in/out mail servers
set realname = [REDACTED]
set pop3_pass = [REDACTED]
set folder = "pop3://[REDACTED]@posteo.de:995"
(I just noticed the s left in the beginning of this url. Oops)

set spoolfile = "+INBOX"

set from = [REDACTED]
set envelope_from
set use_from = "yes"
set record = "+Sent"
set trash = "+Trash"
set postponed = "+Drafts"
set mail_check = 6

# Allow Mutt to open a new pop3 connection automatically.
unset pop3_passive

# Keep the pop3 connection alive by polling intermittently (time in
seconds). set pop3_keepalive = 300

## Hook -- IMPORTANT!
account-hook $folder "set pop3_pass=[REDACTED]"

On Thu, 4 May 2023 17:11:49 +0200