[neomutt-users] Neomutt won't read my .neomuttrc

Carsten Reith carsten.reith at t-online.de
Thu May 4 17:11:49 CEST 2023

On Thu, May 04, 2023 at 12:28:04PM +0000, neomutt.stagegenre at erine.email wrote:
> Error in /home/user/.config/neomutt/accounts/main, line 21:
> pop3_passive: unknown variable Error in
> /home/user/.config/neomutt/accounts/main, line 24: pop3_keepalive:
> unknown variable Error in /home/user/.config/neomutt/neomuttrc, line 9:
> source: file /home/user/.config/neomutt/accounts/main could not be
> sourced source: errors in /home/user/.config/neomutt/neomuttrc Press
> any key to continue...
>
> For reference, here's the contents of my neomuttrc file.

The error is not located in the neomuttrc file but in
/home/user/.config/neomutt/accounts/main.

Obviously neomutt doesn't know about the pop3_keepalive and pop3_passive
variables. I can not find them in the reference manual neither.

Maybe, you can try to comment them out.

Otherwise the /home/user/.config/neomutt/accounts/main file would be more
interesting than the neomuttrc file.

Cheers,

Carsten