[neomutt-users] No OAUTH refresh command defined

Reto reto at slightlybroken.com
Thu Mar 30 01:05:24 CEST 2023

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 02:28:44PM +0000, Dan Ciprus (dciprus) wrote:
> I think by default this parameter should not be required to be part of neomuttrc. Just my $.02 ..

It isn't.
You are free to choose your authentication methods as you please.
If you don't set any, neomutt will try all of them and if your remote server includes the
oauth authenticators, those are part of it.

However, all other protocols (pop, imap) seem to ignore the error if the authenticator
isn't explicitly requested / the refresh command option unset.

So hence, there's now https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/pull/3794 which is presumably
the worst code Flatcap has had the misfortune to look at since a while.

That might eventually get rid of your problem.

Cheers,
Reto