[neomutt-users] Lots of accounts from one user, as in more than bindings are practical

Chris Bennett cpb_neomutt at bennettconstruction.us
Thu Jun 3 16:46:52 CEST 2021

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 08:03:46AM +0200, Reto wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2021 at 07:47:16PM -0700, Chris Bennett wrote:
> > A question: Is there any way to transfer in secure info like the password without it being i n the rc file? I'll read the threads about how others were doing this.
> > There isn't any possibility right now to get passwords sent back out for different email addresses, unless that is getting a hook to pull up a different one from the same instance.
>
> Neomutt supports arbitrary command expansion, take your pick from any of the
> password managers out there.
>
> https://neomutt.org/guide/configuration.html#ex-rc-backtick

Thanks. There was some other useful stuff right around there also.
Just good luck! :-}

I need to add some more tables, polish up the code a bit and I just realized
right now that I should make sorting the email addresses presented an option.

Like by domain, admin, mailing lists, etc on the run in the script or reading
a conf file just for the script.

Lots of work to do right away. Only "benefit" of stupid ISP getting full IP
blocks blacklisted. Nothing more motivating for a project when it moves from
"I'd like to" over to "I must do".

Chris Bennett