[neomutt-users] Changing "from" based on message content

zsugabubus zsugabubus at national.shitposting.agency
Tue Apr 20 22:12:58 CEST 2021

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:30:55PM -0400, Currie wrote:
> I receive emails from the form-filler service formspree. Basically people fill out a form on
> my website and its sent via formspree to my inbox.
>
> Anyways, these emails contain the persons email and name in the body. So i would like, when i open one
> of these emails, to have the `from` address set to the persons email so that when i reply, i am
> replying to the person, not to formspree.

I do not know Formspree, but for me a trivial solution would be to set
the Reply-To header in the emails being sent to you. Making a quick
search on the Internet it seems possible (just a matter of an <input>
field?).

If you have no luck with the previous, you can `set edit_headers` that
makes possible to edit recipients from your editor. Then you can write a
script that makes the process automatic.

--
zsugabubus