[neomutt-users] The From: section in composing new messages and the dynamic PGP key selection

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Aug 6 22:12:47 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 04:32:50PM +0000, GTC at riseup.net wrote:

> 1. Does neomutt have the function that when composing messages, asking From: section?

No, but you could set up a macro to set the From.  But I still suspect
you want a send-hook or maybe a send2-hook combined perhaps with an
account-hook and folder-hook.  That's how I do this, combined with a
macro that allows me to set the From: address on new messages.  For instance:

	macro generic,pager,index,attach,compose,editor <F2> ":set from=ajs at anvilwalrusden.com<Enter>" "Mail from anvil"

> 2. In PGP encrption also, neomutt seems to always use default key or oldest key as encrypt_self or From: encryption key.
>

> How to disable such bug and let user to choose  arbitrary key from system key ring as enrypt_to_self or From encrption key?

It's not a bug, it's a binding between the From address and the key.
If you want this not to happen, set $pgp_default_key or maybe
$pgp_sign_as.  If you change accounts (as above) you can use the
relevant hooks to set the variable depending on the email address.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com