[neomutt-users] *-hook settings. I'm confused

Chris Bennett chris at bennettconstruction.us
Tue Aug 6 02:58:09 CEST 2019

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 09:49:21PM +0100, Richard Russon wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Thanks, I DO appreciate the work.

> The syntax will look like:

> # Global settings
> set ...
>
> account work
>     # Local to 'work' account
>     set ...
>     mailboxes ...
>
> account home
>     # Local to 'home' account
>     set ...
>     mailboxes ...

> Config variables would be global, account- or mailbox-specific.

+1 nice

> Parsing this new config is easy.
> Untangling 100,000 lines of twenty year old code, isn't.

I became a big fan of adding comments to all my code once I realized I
couldn't parse my own 5 year old code, myself!

> I'm taking (a lot of) time now to fix NeoMutt's code properly.

Only a lot? :)  Properly? That means cut and paste code you have no idea
what it does, right? :)

I've used Mutt and then Neomutt for a long time. I don't plan on
changing.

Thanks
-- sent via neomutt, so please forgive good formatting and clarity

Chris Bennett