[neomutt-users] Always sending Reply-To header based on From header

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Wed Jul 25 14:50:56 CEST 2018

* Valentin Iovene <valentin at too.gy> [2018-07-25 14:26]:
> I'm constantly sending emails with a correctly formatted
> From header (i.e. FirstName LastName <myemail at domain.com>)
> but people keep replying to "myemail at domain.com",
> while I want them to reply to the correctly
> formatted email I used in the first place.
>
> I would like to configure neomutt to always send a
> Reply-To header in my emails, which would have the
> same value as the From header. Is that possible?

there is no config option for this.. sorry.

idea for a workaround: use option edit_headers and
let your editor copy your From: to a Reply_to: header.

but then you *must* use your editor at least once on every email.
then again, this is what you do on replies, anyway, right? ;-)

then again, you simply cannot fix everything
what the others mailers are breaking.  :-/

Sven

--
"In general, an implementation must be conservative in its sending behavior,
and liberal in its receiving behavior."   RFC791  Sep 1981  by Jon Postel