[neomutt-users] Muttng => neomutt migration

tuxic at posteo.de tuxic at posteo.de
Sun Mar 12 03:31:39 CET 2017

Richard Russon <rich at flatcap.org> [17-03-12 03:24]:
> Hi Meino,
>
> > for years I have used muttng and now neomutt comes along! :)
>
> Welcome to the 21st century :-)
>
> > In parallel I am building a new root (Gentoo Linux)
>
> You've probably already found our Gentoo instructions:
>     https://www.neomutt.org/distro/gentoo
>
> > Is it possible to use muttngrc 1:1 as muttrc for neomutt or are there
> > any incompatibilities, which even will kill mails ?
>
> It should be fine.
> NeoMutt has only added features, but if you have any problems just ask.
>
> Rich / FlatCap

Hi Rich,

thanks for your reply !!! :)

...the neomuuts Gentoo ebuild didn't work for me -- it misses some
ebuild related settings.
So I compiled neomutt by hand, which wasn't a problem.
Can't remember, what settings that were.
Later more or on this -- I am too busy to get new root up and running.
When the new root is fine for daily bussiness I will check the
ebuild again and report then.
I am no ebuild guru, though...

Cheers
Meino

(Currently I am mailing using the old root/muttng.)