[neomutt-devel] neomutt 20210205-702-79da45 - limit and arrow keys

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Mon Aug 9 01:07:21 CEST 2021

this is about NeoMutt 20210205-702-79da45

when i limit the view in my mailbox to encrypted messages (~G)
then neomutt apparently wants to decrypt them all.  right away..
automatically without further commands.  and,
no, there is no "~b" in my limit command.

it keeps failing because i could not
give it a passphrase for using my key.

it beeps twice or three times for each encrypted message.
i havent yet figured out when it beeps twice or three times
and when it stops to actually call on the pinentry program.

within pinentry i could use TAB to jump on the "OK" and another
TAB to jump onto the "Cancel" and ENTER that to make it go away.
but there are 350+ encrypted messages in my mailbox and i dont want to
type 1000+ keys to make this go away every time i open my mailbox. o_O

pinentry program eventually times out on the input for a passphrase.
but as you cannot really set timeouts easily this isnt a way, either.

weird side-effect:
arrow keys are suddenly not recognized anymore.
when i choose "limit" again then the editing does
not recognize the cursor keys anymore.. i have to
use CTRL-B to "accept" the input and editing..
but arrows which issue the "ESC-[-[ABCD]" sequences
are not translated into movements any more. o_O

one more thing:
when i start neomutt without setup files and
i simply use 'c' to choose another mailbox and
request a list with '?' then it segfaults.

Sven