[neomutt-devel] any interest in neomutt headless or as a library?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:36:16 CEST 2020

I took the 2020-05-01 version and hacked it up to implement partial functionality
without curses with the ultimate goal of adding a socket based interface but
then just decided to turn it into a shared object. This was easy as basically
adding -fPIC to compiler and -shared to the link seemed to work.  I had to hack up
main() pretty significantly to isolate the startup and cleanup code and move out
some of the batch send logic.  I created a "-M" option so that the app could start
up similar to batch mode, not start curses, but then drop into my own readline based
limited command interpreter which right now is really only good for debugging.

On a quick test, linking the shared object to my c++ code "mikemail" it appeared
to read and send from an imap account which provides all the functionality
I want right now. The "mikemail" code currently uses libetpan but now both that
and neomutt can be used.

I'm trying to replace "fetchmail" and integrate with my own mail processing logic.

note new address
 Mike Marchywka 306 Charles Cox Drive Canton, GA 30115
 2295 Collinworth  Drive Marietta GA 30062.  formerly 487 Salem Woods Drive Marietta GA 30067 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency