[neomutt-devel] setting up a mail account

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Tue Dec 10 11:20:11 CET 2019

On Dec 10 2019, 01:43 UTC, Joao Gouveia <jdggouveia at gmail.com> wrote:
[-- Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 0.4K --]
>Hey guys,
>I am trying to get started with neomutt and I cannot get in contact with my
>yahoo account.
>I have linux mint and installed neomutt form the software manager. Next a
>created muttrc file in .config/mutt and the following code:
>
>set folder = "imaps://<username>@yahoo.com at imap.mail.yahoo.com:993"
>set spoolfile = "+INBOX"
>
>Then when I launch neomutt, I get a failed login

You should get at least a password prompt, don't you? Please run with
the parameters -d2. A log file will be created under ~/.neomuttdebug0.
Look for lines mentioning "source_rc" and double check that NeoMutt is

You can also increase the debug log with -d5 and inspect the log file
for errors. I don't have an account at yahoo, but I see it's trying to
authenticate correctly using the PLAIN mechanism. It shoul be fine.

--
Pietro Cerutti