[neomutt-devel] "sorting mailbox"

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Fri Dec 2 14:23:11 CET 2016

* Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie at lxtec.de> [2016-11-29 13:03]:
> > * Sven Guckes <neomutt-lists at guckes.net> [2016-11-29 02:09 +0100]:
> > > with my recent neomutt i see "sorting mailbox" *every* time
> > > i switch from one message to another (in the pager).
> > > is neomutt actually sorting everything anew?
> > > this costs some time and it's pretty annoying.
> > > do you also see this happening?
> > > is this a new "feature"? o_O
> Now i see what you mean. Sorting mailbox runs here
> as well, but it takes less than fingersnip. To
> recognize it you have to concentrate your view
> to the statusline. I am using headercache here.

yes - the message appears and vanishes quickly again,
and maybe i had not noticed it before.  however, the
duration of the message has increased enough for me
to take notice.. over and over again.  and i wonder:
does mutt actually waste some time sorting the index
*every* time when i switch from message to message?
that would seem like a bug, wouldnt it?
but if it is a feature that cannot be turned off
then why does it issue that message at all?

Sven