[neomutt-users] how to configure neomutt not to sign emails to maillist?

Karel Křemel karelkremel at karelkremel.com
Thu May 25 13:45:27 CEST 2023

Dear NeoMutt Mailing List Members,

I am reaching out for some guidance on configuring NeoMutt. I want to disable the automatic GPG signing for emails explicitly sent to mailing lists.

My Google-FU just isn't good enough, nor did I figure out from the documentation how to do so :(

The issue I am facing is that when an email is signed by me and forwarded by the mailing list, the signature becomes corrupted, causing confusion and difficulties and often ending in spam. The only solution I'm aware of is the manual disabling of GPG signing each time I write to the mailing list, but I tend to forget.

If any of you have experience with this and could provide me with advice or instructions on how to configure NeoMutt to avoid automatic GPG signatures f
or the mailing list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

--

Karel Křemel