[neomutt-users] -R not readonly?

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Wed Mar 8 11:08:59 CET 2023

On Mar 08 2023, 09:51 UTC, Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

>I am on the way of switching from mutt to neomutt.

Hi Ulrich,

good to hear :)

>I am using neomutt 20211029 from Ubuntu 22.04.
>
>I tried to open a mailbox readonly:
>neomutt -R -f /tmp/mail
>
>But the mailbox then is opened in readwrite mode!
>I can switch the mode afterwards with %, but this is not what I want.
>
>Is this a general neomutt bug or a special one of the Ubuntu neomutt?

I think this has been fixed in
https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/3113

By the commit date, this missed the 20211029 release by one day :/

We haven't been releasing new versions for a while, but I suggest you
switch to the most recent release, 20220429, or build directly off the
main branch. It's quite stable, I use it daily, and I trust it with my
emails :)

--
Pietro Cerutti
I have pledged to give 10% of income to effective charities