[neomutt-users] Neomutt for CentOS 7

H agents at meddatainc.com
Tue Apr 25 01:31:29 CEST 2023

On April 24, 2023 6:03:02 PM EDT, Richard Russon <rich at flatcap.org> wrote:

>> Unfortunately the repository epel-7-x86_64 has disappeared
>
>Yes; it became really hard to build.
>
>The EPEL repo didn't have a recent version of notmuch or gmime,
>so I had to build them myself.  On top of that, I had to modify
>NeoMutt's source to build.
>
>> Does anyone know another location where it can be found?
>
>No, sorry.
>When I turned off the build, the old rpms got automatically deleted.
>
>> Also, the latest version I have is 20220429.
>
>If you don't want notmuch support, building your own NeoMutt shouldn't
>be too hard.
>
>Cheers,
>    FlatCap / Rich

It is extremely unfortunate that the existing rpms got deleted even though the software was no longer being built. After all, CentOS 7 is still supported one more year.

Any chance you either have the rpms backed up somewhere or that the old build can be resurrected? Even though it was not the most current version it still has a lot of value.