[neomutt-users] Handling several email accounts in Neomutt

Neubienautt neubienautt at pm.me
Sat Apr 1 21:24:56 CEST 2023

Here is an alternative if you don't find a suitable solution to your post regarding the same session for multiple email accounts.

I just setup neomutt in a similar situation to yours (I have 13 email accounts) in the past week.
For various reasons, I chose not to set this up to handle all accounts in a single session.
Rather, I wrote a couple of python scripts and added bash aliases.

I wrote different muttrc files for each email accounts.

Then, I have a couple of python scripts.

The first python script is called check.email.  It uses imaplib to poll each of the imap email
accounts and prints to screen how many new emails I have in each of the inboxes.

Based on this information I can either open a single account using a bash alias or
I have a second python script that loops through each of the email accounts individually.

Cheers