[neomutt-users] Something hanging after sending a message

Mick MickBert at posteo.net
Wed Oct 19 16:52:28 CEST 2022

Hello.
I am an (almost) newbie of mutt, and even newer of neomutt. Quite ethusiat though, since I have already installed it on several devices:
- my personal macbook (through macport)
- my android device, under termux
- my windows work-pc, under cygwin (inside MobaXTerm).
On every new installation, I took a copy of the .mutt directory, for the configuration, to connect to my IMAP/SMTP provider posteo.de.
All has always worked fine, but the last (a new instance of MobaXTerm):  in such environment, after I send a message (which is correctly sent, and stored in the "sent" folder on the server), I cannot purge the folder anymore. Hence of course I cannot:
- change folder
- quit neomutt
- whatever operation asks to purge the folder
Even if I answer "n" when it asks to purge, it does not proceed. It seems that the firs purge request hanged, and all other remain in queue. Instead I am able to read and operate with messages in the folder where I am (I never tried to send another message though).
The only possibility is to quit with Ctrl-C.

Anyone has experienced something similar? Any idea on what I can check to understand what happens?

Thanks
--
Mick