[neomutt-users] Limit is sometimes applied automatically when returning to index

Reto reto at slightlybroken.com
Wed Nov 2 00:37:55 CET 2022

On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 10:53:45PM +0100, Peter Szigetvari wrote:
> Thanks, Reto.  But
>
> 1 It is not clear from your message what the name of the toggle is.
> 2 The same macro did work in earlier versions with the same settings.
>
> Best,
> Peter

What do you mean by toggle?
My quote was literally taken from neomuttrc(5), the manpage.

You can set the option in any of your rc files neomutt reads.
Or do it temporarily in the macro, your choice.

Not sure if the defaults changed since you last updated, might be.
It was introduced in

commit 061a70705f92500251afade702ee2fd9e131b28b
Author: Richard Russon (@flatcap) <rich at flatcap.org>
Date:   Tue Apr 5 02:15:52 2022 +0100

  create resolve_email()

  Create a central function to handle all the $resolve behaviour.

  First, $resolve is checked.  If it's false, nothing is done.

  If action is required, the new position will be calculated using the ResolveMethod.
  On success, the Menu will be updated which will send a notification.
  On failure, a notification (NT_INDEX_EMAIL,NULL) will be sent.

Then subsequently enabled for more things in: 2bb2331d17a9dabef868324b47fc619b9076ffb5
and probably more related to your query:

commit 2b87b5d784df5051474e83cc94b499119d15ef07
Author: Richard Russon (@flatcap) <rich at flatcap.org>
Date:   Fri Apr 8 13:57:20 2022 +0100

  resolve (move) the cursor after <edit-label>

  This brings the function in line with <modify-labels>.

Does this help?

Cheers,
Reto

PS: Try to keep the ML in CC