[neomutt-users] Macro for temporary setting for forward message

me at rmz.io me at rmz.io
Tue Jun 14 13:19:45 CEST 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a binding for sending a message as attachement while
leaving `mime_forward=no` the rest of the time.

The usual approach -- of storing original value of option, doing an
action and restoring the value -- fails because `<forward-message>`
enters compose menu and expects `To:` and `Subject:` to be entered.

macro index,pager <esc>f "\
<enter-command> set my_mime_forward=\$mime_forward mime_forward=yes<enter>\
<forward-message>\
<enter-command> set mime_forward=\$my_mime_forward<enter>" \
"Forward message as attachement"

Any suggestions to make this work?