[neomutt-users] MixMaster

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Wed Jan 19 18:57:49 CET 2022

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 04:21:29PM +0000, Richard Russon wrote:
> MixMaster is an anonymous remailer.
> If you've never heard of it, you can close this email now.
>
> Have you ever used it?

Yes.

> When was that?

A couple of years ago.  (Would prefer not to be too precise.)

> Does MixMaster still exist?

I don't know, but I hope it does.  Starting to use MixMaster
properly/regularly is on my to-do list (albeit not at the top).

> There's quite a bit of code in NeoMutt to support MixMaster.
> In all likelihood, it's unusable and I'd like to get rid of it.
>
> What do you think?

I can understand a desire to keep the codebase lean.

I also think it would be sad if MixMaster functionality disappeared
altogether.  Perhaps it could be hived off into a plugin?  Just a
thought.

Thanks for your efforts, either way.

Sam

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.