[neomutt-users] run script in background?

Kenneth Flak kennethflak at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:25:19 CEST 2022

Hi list,

I am using the good old combination of mbsync, notmuch and neomutt, with the notable addition of goimapnotify doing some automated pulling for me. However, I would like to be able to trigger my mail-sync script from neomutt _without_ having to break out of the index window and be dropped to a shell while the update is happening. Is there any way to do this:

macro index,pager <tab> "<sync-mailbox><shell-escape>mail-sync.sh<enter>"

as a background job? I naively tried stuffing an & after mail-sync.sh, but that just mangles my terminal window...

Best,
Kenneth
--
Roosna & Flak - Contemporary Dance & Music
Web: roosnaflak.com
Mastodon: @kf at sonomu.club