[neomutt-users] quote from another email while composing?

s0cial+neowoof at kakaomilchkuh.de s0cial+neowoof at kakaomilchkuh.de
Sun Oct 24 09:37:18 CEST 2021

Hello everyone,

On 2021-10-24 09:15, Peter P. wrote:
> so no other way than opening a second instance of mutt?

Not that I’m aware of. However, I do that in a slightly different way to begin with: the `reply` key binding opens a new instance of mutt in a new tmux window right away, selects the respective email by ID and through a macro starts the replying sequence.

The only downside so far is that I have to close the new tmux window after sending out the reply.

> This is what I do right now, either in a new xterm or a new screen
> session.
> The issue is that copy+paste does not work well for line breaks
> and quoting/formatting when done with the mouse, hence my workaround of
> writing that temporary file...

That’s where tmux can come in handy with the internal copy+paste mechanism, but maybe that’s also not good enough for you.

Thanks for bringing this up though, it’s interesting to see what the others are doing!

Toodles,
 Robert