[neomutt-users] header_cache

Chris Bennett cpb_neomutt at bennettconstruction.us
Sun Oct 17 19:14:01 CEST 2021

Hi,
I'm having a problem with setting the header_cache directory on the
program I'm writing to use PostgreSQL to produce the neonuttrc file on
the fly and source the files listed in the database.
This is still WIP, but very close to me putting up on github or
elsewhere.

Right now I have discovered a strange problem setting the header_cache.
The other directories and files all work just fine.

In the database, I have this set for the path to the directory for the
header_cache:
/home/sr/.neomutt-source-files/cpb_neomutt at bennettconstruction.us/.neomutt_header_cache/
but this get the @ converted into _       ^
And I get this instead:
/home/sr/cpb_mod_perl_bennettconstruction.us/.neomutt_header_cache/imaps_cpb_mod_perl_bennettconstruction.us_mx.bennettconstruction.us/
All of the various cache files are present there. Except for the _
change, this is what should be happening.
I do not have this problem with any of the other files or directories.

I have tried many different quoting methods, but this still happens.
I am running the neomutt version from OpenBSD 7.0-stable (the one from
right before the current neomutt just released).

I can use something else like cpb_neomutt___bennettconstruction.us
instead, but I would like to keep using the actual email address.

What is going on here?

( Just for Stewart. Nothing to do with this topic. I am getting the
subject aborted after just a few more characters than the one I used
here. Should I post this to ports@ also? )

--
Thanks for the great email reader!
Chris Bennett