[neomutt-users] How to make subject visible on very deep nested discussions?

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Fri Oct 8 13:14:43 CEST 2021

Hi zargener,

> The number of replies is much more than 100
> Can you please give me an idea what can be done?

There are a couple of things that will help, without changing the code:

    # Reduce the depth of the indent
    set narrow_tree = yes

Alternatively, you could turn off threading whilst looking at that
thread, e.g. a macro that does:

    <limit-current-thread><sort-mailbox>d

Or possibly, leave the threads turned on, but narrow the other index
fields.

> 1) In index view center subject if message is under cursor.
> 2) Limit the maximal offset of discussions in index view.

Hmm... yeah, they're both nice ideas.
They could be tricky to implement, but I've added them to my list.

Note: We have a LOT of things we'd _like_ to add, but few developers.
Do you speak C? :-)

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap