[neomutt-users] How to make subject visible on very deep nested discussions?

zargener at gmail.com zargener at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:09:05 CEST 2021

For example we have 2 persons who using email as chat. The number of replies is much more than 100. So the subject of such messages does not fit into the terminal, because we have offset for each level of reply. With each reply it goes right until it lefts ths screen. I've tried thread breaking feature and it is NOT what I need. I also must mention that my company internal mail system generates unique emails for each message, so srting by From will not work.

So I see these solutions:

1) In index view center subject if message is under cursor.
2) Limit the maximal offset of discussions in index view.

I believe this problem occured many times for many years, but I can not google the solution for it. Can you please give me an idea what can be done?