[neomutt-users] How to use cryptographically sign my email messages

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Fri Feb 19 02:37:43 CET 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 06:56:08PM +0000, TJ Hayes wrote:
> How can I set up crypto keys to use with my emails sent from neomutt?
>
> I did find https://neomutt.org/test-doc/howto/encryption and I can
> follow those instructions, but I don't really understand what I am
> doing.

It's not clear from your post how much you do (or don't) understand.
Nothing wrong with that.  No-one's born knowing this stuff.

So, in case a general primer on OpenPGP (as implemented by GnuPGP) would
be helpful:

https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/

https://riseup.net/en/security/message-security/openpgp

https://riseup.net/en/security/message-security/openpgp/gpg-best-practices

https://wiki.fsfe.org/TechDocs/CardHowtos/CardWithSubkeysUsingBackups

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.