[neomutt-users] How to use cryptographically sign my email messages
neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Thu Feb 18 20:05:53 CET 2021
* TJ Hayes <hayestj at protonmail.com> [2021-02-18 19:59]:
> How can I set up crypto keys to use with my emails sent from neomutt?
(1) create a key pair (pukey+seckey) with gpg:
(2) configure your default key in gpg config.
(3) before sending in neomutt use 'p' to choose signing+encrypting
(eg in the SendMenu type p and s to "sign your message")
(4) choose when to use signing+encrypting for given addresses
> I did find https://neomutt.org/test-doc/howto/encryption and I can
> follow those instructions, but I don't really understand what I am
> doing. It says that I can "display the private keys via gpg ..."
> but I thought I didn't want to share my private key with anyone?
you *can* take a look at your private key.
but of course this does not mean that
you should show it to everyone. ;)
(irel zhpu yvxr jvgu n cravf.. urur)
neomutt maillist reminder:
please do use neomutt to post
and sign your messages. why?
because we can, right?! :-)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1491 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the neomutt-users