[neomutt-users] automatically insert text in messages

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Tue Feb 16 18:39:44 CET 2021

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 09:06:34AM -0800, Kian Kasad wrote:
> You'd have to enter insert mode first, since this is an 'nmap', not
> 'imap':
>
> 	:nnoremap <Leader>aa aThank you for using Acme Corp!<esc>

Well caught.  I was typing in haste and missed the `a` (or `i` or `o` or
whatever, depending on where you want the snippet to be inserted).

> I'd actually recommend using vim's built-in abbreviation functionality
> for this, as it's designed for doing exactly this.

Good call!  An oversight on my part to have forgotten abbrev.

(In my defence: I mostly hang out in normal mode, and usually want my
macros to do more than just expand text.)

Thanks!

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.