[neomutt-users] automatically insert text in messages

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Tue Feb 16 13:08:48 CET 2021

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 08:04:21PM -0800, Steve Quezadas wrote:
> do any of you guys use vim with neomutt? I do customer support
> sometimes and it's useful to sometimes insert standard letters to
> common questions.
>
> Are there any tools to automatically do this? I realize this more of a
> vim question, but I figure more people would encounter this problem
> with mutt.

Vim is easily capable of this.

Suppose you want to be able to (while in Vim in normal mode) hit your
leader key followed by "aa", to insert "Thank you for using Acme Corp!"
Stick this in your vimrc:

    :nnoremap <Leader>aa Thank you for using Acme Corp!<esc>

For more cunning stunts, I would recommend
https://learnvimscriptthehardway.stevelosh.com/

Sam

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.