[neomutt-users] google groups neomutt setup

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Mon Feb 15 11:04:09 CET 2021

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:53:38AM +0800, Kevin Shell wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 02:31:52AM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
> > > anyone here reading google groups with neomutt? what is your setup?
> > Can we read google groups with neomutt? I don't like the web interface.
> > What's the news server address for google groups?
> > the news.google.com can't be accessed.
> >  80/tcp  open  http
> >  443/tcp open  https
> > There is no news ports open.
> It's still possible to subscribe via email using the method described in this question:
> It's what I do when I want to follow a google groups mailinglist
> and last tested this method a few days ago.

sure.. you can subscribe to a "group" by *email*
and receive all messages as a "mailing list".

but.. reading google GROUPs as NEWSGROUPs via NNTP?
is that a thing at all?  anyone got a working setup?
is there some newsserver which gates those groups?

or should we write off "groups" as a more common word
for non-tech people who do not like "mailing lists"? ;-)

Sven

--
neomutt maillist reminder:
please do use neomutt to post