[neomutt-users] Neomutt closing IMAP connections during mail download/querying

Jonas Tobias Hopusch jotoho at mailbox.org
Sun Aug 15 11:04:54 CEST 2021

> Hi, I have two suggestions:
>
> 1. unsubscribe from the phantom folders, using :unsubscribe-from +Foo,
> and see if that helps some.
>
> 2. upgrade to NeoMutt master and see if the problem goes away. We have
> limited resources and unlikely to be able to debug very specific issues
> with months old releases.

Hello Pietro,

thanks for your advice. I was indeed able to manually unsubscribe from those
"phantom folders" using the command you gave me. I am/was unfamiliar with the
process for issuing commands while neomutt is already running, so something
like this did not occur to me.

Unsubscribing from those deleted folders also cured the IMAP connection drops
and everything seems to be working correctly again, so my wild guess in the
last mail seems a big more plausible.

This means that everything is back to normal for me.

Thanks!

--
Jonas Tobias Hopusch

P.S.: Sorry if this triggers the confirmation filter due to the sender