[neomutt-users] howto put account name above mailboxes in sidebar

Anton Rieger nmutt at jikken.de
Thu Apr 1 02:16:24 CEST 2021

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:47:43AM +0100, Shadrock Uhuru wrote:
>could someone show me howto get my account name above the mailboxes in
>my sidebar,
>i have multiple accounts but when i switch accounts there is nothing to indicate
>which account i am in.
>i use offlineimap to retrieve my mail from the various accounts and hooks
>to switch between accounts.
>is there a sidebar command that does this ?

One option is to use ``named-mailboxes'' and give you INBOX the descriptive name of your
Account.

E.g.:

set sidebar_format = "%D"
named-mailboxes Accountname +INBOX

will result in:

Accountname
   Subfolder1
   Subfolder2
Folder2
Folder3

with the IMAP Folders:
+INBOX
+INBOX.Subfolder1
+INBOX.Subfolder2
+Folder2
+Folder3

Use account-hook/folder-hook to alter it to your setup.
"%D" can also be used in ``status_format''.

Maybe once the account mechanism is fully implemented, a format specifier "%a" for the
accountname will be introduced.

Greetings
Anton