[neomutt-users] Read all messages in newsgroup at once

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Mon Oct 5 23:55:53 CEST 2020

Hi Kevin,

> > The maximum it can be set to is 32767

> I have set $nntp_context to 0 to fetch all headers. :-)

Oh yes.  That's a better idea :-)

> How to read multiple news servers at once, is it possible?

Yes, I think so, but not well.

Rather than using <change-newsgroup> to select a server, you can use
`mailboxes` to populate the sidebar, e.g.

    mailboxes news://news.gmane.io/comp.lang.c
    mailboxes news://news.gmane.io/rec.arts.poems
    mailboxes news://news.gmane.io/alt.swedish.chef.bork.bork.bork

You should be able to mix them with other mailbox types.

---

The NNTP driver hasn't had the love and attention that other drivers have.
If there are any NNTP users out there who would like to help,
I'll happily assist them in improving the NNTP support.

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap