[neomutt-users] Recommended way to avoid sending $imap_pass to alternative IMAP server?

Pietro Cerutti gahr at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 5 22:32:24 CEST 2020

> On 5 Oct 2020, at 18:05, James Cook <falsifian at falsifian.org> wrote:
>
> Thank you, Pietro,
>
> This made me realize I have one more requirement I didn't mention, which
> I think wouldn't work with the configuration you listed: I want *all* my
> sent emails to be stored in my main account's "Sent" IMAP folder. So,
> even when I'm using my Gmail password to connect to Gmail's IMAP server,
> I still want to use my other IMAP account's password to store things in
> that account's Sent folder.
>
> The reason for this requirement is: I want to respond to people from
> my new (non-Gmail) email account, even if they emailed my Gmail account.

Sounds like a migration: how I usually did this in the past was by setting up a cron to sync (using mbsync from the isync project) all email from gmail into my new account.

This way I’d be left with a single account to care for.

Anyway, you might be able to set recors = imaps://user@your-main-account/Sent and use a folder-hook to change the imap pass.. I don’t use folder-hooks so much so I fear I can’t give you any more details than this. :-/