[neomutt-users] Is it just me or does 2020-11-27 not notice new mail in mbox files?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Nov 30 19:19:45 CET 2020

I still read my work mail by running neomutt over ssh.  Today I thought
it felt slow (the 1 second delay after a message) and decided that I
Will Build a New Version From Git Because I Can Do That Muahahaha-
*cough*

Anyway here I am with a brand new build of 20201127, and it seems that
neomutt now doesn't notice which mbox files have new mail (atime ==
mtime)?  I can run mailcheck in a shell, and it shows that IN.info has
new mail, but I run neomutt, press c<space>, and it thinks no mailboxes
have new mail.

I can open =IN.info in neomutt, and I see some messages correctly show
the N flag.

Unfortunately I didn't check what neomutt version I had before I built a
new one.  git reflog suggests it might have been neomutt-20180716.

(I update more often on my laptop where I read personal email.  That's
all in Maildirs, and not mboxes.  I need to migrate to Maildirs in my
work account someday, but it's work...)

(I don't have the energy to file a proper GitHub issue today; I'll do it
tomorrow, after confirming that it's actually a bug and not a
hallucination.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Doing linear scans over an associative array is like trying to club someone to
death with a loaded Uzi.