[neomutt-users] Why does this (no longer) match?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu May 7 22:03:26 CEST 2020

Hi,

I use account-hook and folder-hook to set up various bits of my
environment.

I have (for example) an entry

	account-hook imaps://mx5.yitter.info/

that sets the imap_user and imap_pass settings.

I've long had an entry

	folder-hook 'imaps://mx5\.yitter\.info/.*'

that is intended to set things for that account whenever I enter an
folder in that server.  This worked for a long time.  Lately, however,
it seems to have stopped working because the folder appears not to
match.  If instead I feed it

	folder-hook '.*@imaps://mx5\.yitter\.info/.*'

it appears to match fine.  I guess I'm wondering what changed such
that the imap_user gets prepended to the account for the purposes of
selection?  I've noticed this in a number of other places, as well,
including various menus and autocompletes (where for instance I can't
always find a folder name within a server without having prepended the
username).  I suspect there's some principle at work that I'm not
grokking, and chasing these down as I stumble over them is getting
frustrating.  What am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com