[neomutt-users] Heads up - built-in editor is going away

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Wed Jun 24 12:30:09 CEST 2020

Hi all,

with https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/pull/2385 I am proposing to
remove the code supporting the built-in editor. That is the message
editor you get with 'set editor=builtin'. This is not the default.

I personally don't see a reason to use the built-in editor instead of
relying on an external editor of choice. Removing the built-in editor
means getting rid of ~600 lines of almost unmaintained and little known
code.

However, if you consider the feature important to you and would like to
keep it, please speak up so we can consider the pros and cons.

Otherwise, I plan to merge the PR in ~ 1 week from now.

Thanks,

--
Pietro Cerutti