[neomutt-users] tab completion on IMAP folders broken

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Jul 16 18:43:48 CEST 2020

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 08:13:09AM -0700, Richard Cobbe wrote:
>I never did figure out how to fix this in neomutt, but it turns out to work
>just fine in old-school mutt (v1.14.4), so I "solved" the problem by
>switching back.

Some of the time when I hit tab, it appears that the IMAP path doesn't include my username, in which case it doesn't work.  I haven't yet figured out _why_ this happens.  Basically, since the URL construction changes happened a few releases ago, things involving IMAP mailboxes have been giving trouble.  I also have the impression that the imap_user and imap_pass settings are not effective for tab completion and in several other cases.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com