[neomutt-users] How to stop <tag-thread> from jumping to next item

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Thu Jul 9 17:26:33 CEST 2020

On Jul 09 2020, 14:56 UTC, Sam Kuper <sampablokuper at posteo.net> wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 02:00:08PM +0000, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
>> What do you think a less astonishing behaviour would be?
>
>The least astonishing behaviour would be for <tag-thread> to tag the
>current item and not do anything else.  Etc.
>
>In practice, this means that in my view, the default value for `resolve`
>would be `no`.

Yep, I guess different workflows call for different behaviours.

If you're like me and use the tagging mechanism in order to select a
number of messages that you want to apply some action to, then it's
pretty convenient than tagging a message automatically moves you to the
next one (so you can tag that too, perhaps).

I soldomly tag a message and immediately want to act upon the same
message.  I guess that only happens at the end of a tagging sequence.

So, if you tag more than 2 messages, you will have spared key strokes :)

Anyway, glad you could fix your inconvenience with "resolve".

--
Pietro Cerutti