[neomutt-users] index jumping around with O365 and imap access?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Apr 13 19:14:42 CEST 2020

Hi,

My neomutt update to NeoMutt 20200313 didn't totally solve my problems
with folder-hook and account-hook, although it seems to have sorted
out the not-logging-in issue, so I think there's still something funky
going on in there; I just haven't had time to debug it.  Part of the
problem is that it seems to be intermittent, which makes me suspect
there's a whole series of events needed to cause the funkiness.  (But
for instance, this mail when I started composing was clearly going
from the wrong address, and I don't know why.)

In the meantime, however, I have a new thing, and I can't tell whether
it's related or a new issue.  So I thought I'd see first whether
anyone else is having the issue.  When I am working in my work account
(back end is O365 Exchange), sometimes but not always when I read a
message and then go back to the index my cursor is _not_ on the
message I just read, but on some other message (not necessarily in any
related mail thread -- as far as I can tell there's no relation
between the messages at all, except they never seem to be more than a
short time apart).  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I'm going to
try to spend some time in heavy debug mode this week, and if others
have additional suggestions about how to get this to repeat it would
be helpful.

Thanks,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com