[neomutt-users] Shutdown-hook not updating i3blocks

philipp at thumfart.info philipp at thumfart.info
Mon Oct 21 21:00:56 CEST 2019

Hey everybody!

I'm using the command "pkill -RTMIN+13 i3blocks" to update a block in i3blocks. This works well when I execute the command in my terminal.

To automatically update my i3blocks i added:

shutdown-hook 'exec shell-escape"pkill -RTMIN+13 i3blocks"'

to my muttrc. Unfortunately, this doesn't work as intended, since it is not updating i3blocks when closing neomutt. Is neomutt maybe using another environment, so it can not access i3blocks?

I'm thankful for any suggestions!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With kind regards