[neomutt-users] Using pgpewrap with Nix-Install

Felix Wittwer hallo at felixwittwer.de
Sun Nov 10 13:52:22 CET 2019

Hi all,

I have a rather specific question regarding mail encryption but I hope
someone can help me fixing this.

I am a macOS user (10.14) and installed neomutt using the Nix package
manager. Before, I was using the homebrew version for many years. Using
the gpg.rc file provided in the neomutt repository, the pgpewrap binary
is required for encrypting mails. In the past I could simply point the
path for this binary to the Homebrew Cellar (a path in /usr/local where
everything homebrew-related lives). After switching to Nix however, I am
asking myself if there is any better solution for this, as I would now
have to point to a path in the nix store, which feels even more fragile
than linking to internal brew folders as it could change at any time.

Is there a better solution for this? How do fellow nix(OS)-Users solve
this?

Cheers,
Felix