[neomutt-users] Threading headers show up uninvited

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Fri May 10 06:48:35 CEST 2019

This is at worst a cosmetic annoyance, but _so weird_ I won't sleep
until I uncover the reason ;-)

I've had this in my rcfile forever:

 ignore *
 unignore from subject to cc date reply-to list-post newsgroups

There are no other unignore lines, nor hooks including those etc.
But in one or two threads in the last few days, in a single mailing list
folder [1], both References: and In-Reply-To: started popping into the
visible set.  Why?

Neomutt 20180716.

[1]
pgsql-general at lists.postgresql.org

Update: I just noticed it doesn't happen when I open that folder first
thing after starting neomutt.  So, either I do have a folder hook I
forgot about somewhere, or else it's a corruption bug.