[neomutt-users] Save email in new folder does not work

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Sat Jul 6 20:57:35 CEST 2019

> Hi Pietro,
>
> finally I got it working.
>
> The reason for my problem was a wrongly working build script, which
> I wrote to combine git pull, configure, make and make install,
> I fixed that and now
>
> neomutt -v
>
> reports
>
> NeoMutt 20180716-2201-cf5034
> Copyright (C) 1996-2016 Michael R. Elkins and others.
> NeoMutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'neomutt -vv'.
> NeoMutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> under certain conditions; type 'neomutt -vv' for details.
>
> which looks a lot bettern and according to the pattern you mailed
> previously.
>
> Unfortunately it does not fix my initial problem (copy mail into
> an not existing folder.
>
> The steps to reproduce this:
> ./neomutt in the build directory
> open mailinglist 'neomutt' in the browser
> (sorting is set to "thread")
> open newest thread
> select newest mail there
> press 's'
> neomutt asks 'Save to mailbox ('?' for list): =itz'
> I edit the 'itz' to 'xyz', which does not exist and press return
> neomutt asks 'Create /home/mccramer/mail/xyz? ([yes]/no):'
> I hit <return>
> neomutt says  '/home/user/mail/xyz/tmp/cur.1562420822.R3810849443906799971.solfire:2,S: No such file or directory (errno = 2)'
>
> which is the correct analusis but the wrong action :)
>
> I checked
> puter:user/mail>cd xyz
> no such file or directory: xyz
>
> Saveing into an existing maildir works fine.
>
> What next?

Next, I’ll be on holidays and offline for a couple weeks, so I’ll let someone else on this mailing list to pick this up :)

Ultimately, I fixed an issue when saving to a non-existent mbox, but you’re saving to a non-existent maildir instead, so there must be another bug lurking around.

How about opening an issue on our github?

Cheers,