[neomutt-users] Blacklisting threads

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Jul 3 13:24:03 CEST 2019

Hey!

I'm subscribed to a couple of mailinglists. Sometimes, there are ongoing
discussions in which I'm not interested in. I'd like to ignore those threads,
and filter out any new messages arriving in them (or at least automatically
mark them as read).

Here's what software I use currently:
- qmail (without root access, hosted on uberspace.de)
- maildrop (maintained procmail alternative)
- offlineimap
- neomutt (obviously :D)

Ideally, I'd have some keystroke which adds a filter somewhere (based on
Subject or In-Reply-To) to ignore all those messages.

Is there anything like that somewhere already? If not, how would I best
implement such a thing? Something like a script which ssh's to the mail server
and adjusts the maildrop config?

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)