[neomutt-users] Mail copy to be saved into the same folder where written?

Rudolf Bahr quasi at quasi.de
Fri Feb 22 09:18:50 CET 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 12:41:33PM +0100, Bahr Rudolf wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 01:03:37PM +0000, Richard Russon wrote:
> > Hi Rudolf,
> >
> > > mail here in my folder "=mutt/" and would like to have suggested it to be saved here
> >
> > Ah, you may be thinking of the 'save-hook'.
> > It offers suggestions for the folder to save in.
> >
> > e.g.  save-hook PATTERN FOLDER
> >
> > # If 'to' or 'cc' is this address, save to that folder
> > save-hook "~C neomutt-devel at neomutt.org" "=neo.devel"
> >
> > save-hook:
> >     https://neomutt.org/guide/configuration.html#default-save-mailbox
> > patterns:
> >     https://neomutt.org/guide/advancedusage.html#patterns
> >
> > Cheers,
> >     Rich / FlatCap
>

> Sorry, Richard,
>
> my last mail got lost and went out without my will, excuse me!
>
> This answer mail to you will be stored by my mutt in =rich at flatcap.org.
> But it should be stored in =mutt, where procmail stores all incoming
> mutt mailing list mails.
>
> I found a solution in the link suggested by you:
> https://neomutt.org/guide/advancedusage.html#patterns
>
> folder-hook . 'set record=^'
>
> It's what Ismael suggested before, but it didn't and doesn't work in my
> mutt constellation. And I don't know why.
>
> Cheers,
> Rudolf

Hi All,

finally I found the solution: In my .neomuttrc which is a sort of hotchpotch
of several suggestions of .muttrc's there was the command

set   	force_name       # set: save outbound mail by username
                         # (even if =username does not exist)

After removing it all is ok and this mail is stored in folder "=mutt" as it should!

Cheers, Rudolf