[neomutt-users] Mail copy to be saved into the same folder where written?

Rudolf Bahr quasi at quasi.de
Thu Feb 21 12:24:47 CET 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 01:03:37PM +0000, Richard Russon wrote:
> Hi Rudolf,
>
> > mail here in my folder "=mutt/" and would like to have suggested it to be saved here
>
> Ah, you may be thinking of the 'save-hook'.
> It offers suggestions for the folder to save in.
>
> e.g.  save-hook PATTERN FOLDER
>
> # If 'to' or 'cc' is this address, save to that folder
> save-hook "~C neomutt-devel at neomutt.org" "=neo.devel"
>
> save-hook:
>     https://neomutt.org/guide/configuration.html#default-save-mailbox
> patterns:
>     https://neomutt.org/guide/advancedusage.html#patterns
>
> Cheers,
>     Rich / FlatCap

Hi Richard,

thank you for answering!

Oh, I thought of a much simpler solution. When I open a special Maildir folder
in order to answer to an e-Mail, mutt should know, in which "=folder" we are.
And into this same folder it should store my answer-mail (and not create a new
folder-name by recipient's Address).